Top Skincare of 2013

Skincare became a newly found beauty focus of mine in 2013. I went from spending years of depending heavily on Cetaphil and the Shu Uemura Fresh Cleansing Oil and rarely experimented with new skincare brands or products. Within a short year's time, I'm afraid I've actually unleashed some sort of skincare monster ;)
Beautysets - Top Skincare of 2013

(My apologies - Due to some awesome planning on my part, I just positioned the products into the collage so that they all fit; in other words, in no particular order that actually makes sense for the blog post. Yay me!)

It was difficult to narrow down my cleansers to choose a favorite, but in the end, Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel took home the crown. I adore using this luxurious cleanser for my morning cleanse in the cooler months or as a second cleanse at night. To remove my makeup (waterproof mascara included), the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm completely stole my heart. I can't say that I hate that it's more easily accessible and affordable than another popular cleansing balm, yet performs just as well...*cough cough Emma Hardie*.....

Post-cleanse, slapping on some Hydraluron by Indeed Labs under my moisturizer or night cream was, quite literally, a dry skin savior, although I think I might have found a notable contender that's available in the States...stay tuned! Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil was, hands down, my favorite facial oil of 2013. It provides hydration without heaviness, and with long-term use, I'm hopeful it may help lighten some of my scarring and help improve the overall appearance of my skin. The African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm is my pick for best multipurpose balm (heals eczema, fades acne scars, provides intense hydration...need I say more?), and it continues to remain a staple in my routine. The most moisturizing and long lasting overnight lip balm I've ever used? Still C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm. I must be on at least tube #7.

Although the skin around my eyes suffered from some unfortunate hypersentivity reactions this year, thankfully, in the end, it re-warmed up to my second tube of the Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream and it's been smooth sailing ever since. In terms of facial moisturizer, Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate prevailed over the others. Not only was it nourishing and hydrating enough for both morning and night, but I could always rely on it to soothe and never irritate my skin when it was acting out from other products I was testing out. It's like a little best friend that you know will never let you down. I dig it. In terms of facial treatments, I'm not sure I can really talk any more about this product, but the Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask is a complete 100% must-have, I-can't-imagine-my-life-without-you kind of product. Just buy it already.

Lastly, body favorites include the Osmia Organics Body Oils for hydration during the spring through early fall months. My favorite scent that I've tried is Light. In the dead of winter, it doesn't do quite enough for my insufferably dry skin, so I like to either switch it out with Ellovi Butter or best of all, layer Ellovi Butter on top of an Osmia oil. Yum.


0 comments:

Post a Comment