Chanel Diapason Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow

I'm one of the few people who never went crazy for Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadows. Sure, Illusoire is a nice sultry, smokey shade, but I always preferred the much more affordable Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow formula over Chanel's. But, when swatches of Chanel's newest releases started circulating the blogosphere, my knees buckled at the sight of one particular shade.

Chanel Diapason is a gorgeous, warm, shimmering deep eggplant with an illuminating, slightly blue-toned sheen. It's no secret I'm a sucker for purples (they're a brown-eyed girl's best friend!), but Diapason's shimmer was so unexpected yet incredibly stunning in Temptalia's review that I succumbed to temptation, despite owning enough purple shadows to last well through my future granddaughters' lifetimes. 


Below, I applied Diapason all over my lid with my ring finger, and I had a bit of Laura Mercier Fresco blended into the crease as well. Applying Diapason with fingers or a fluffy brush yields a sheerer application where the shimmer is less prominent (think more run-of-the-mill purple), whereas patting the shadow on with a flat shader brush allows Diapason to appear more pigmented and multidimensional, similarly to how it does in the swatch. The shadow blends easily either way, has average to good lasting power (I always wear it over primer), and I don't experience any fallout.


If you're a purple shadow fan, I think it would be safe to say you'd probably also be a Diapason fan.

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow in Diapason is available from Nordstrom for $36. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment