The Hot Pink to End All Hot Pinks.

I like to dabble in luxury brand lipsticks. Fancy schmancy packaging paired with an often great formula - what's not to like? Ahem, price tag, but nevermind that. I'll typically start off buying one shade that calls to me, just so I can say I've tried the formula, and occasionally, I'll add to the collection if it really impresses me (ie Dior Addict Extreme). In the case of my newest luxe lipstick acquisition, a purchase that was made a bit more bearable thanks to a Sephora VIB coupon, not only is the shade absolutely stunning, but the formula is one of the best I've ever tried. I'll say that again - the formula is one of the best I've ever tried.
Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible

Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible is a bright fuchsia with slight red undertones. It has an incredibly creamy formula that still manages to feel weightless on the lips and is unimaginably moisturizing. My lips continue to feel soft and hydrated even after the color has worn off. It has excellent longevity on the lips and doesn't bleed or feather, although due to its creaminess, it does tend to fade quite a bit after meals. It creates a smooth and plump look to the lips and never settles into lip lines. Its finish has the perfect amount of shine that's soft and natural, not glossy or tacky. Based on formula alone, Fuchsia Irrésistible beats out other hot pink lippie favorites by a long shot, such as MAC Girl About Town, MAC Show Orchid and Revlon Lollipop. And the cool undertone? My whiter teeth thank you.
Swatch above shown in the shade (L) and in direct sunlight

The rest of the products I wore with Fuchsia Irrésisitble today:
I wore Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 3.5, aka the newest addition to my foundation wardrobe, with NYX Taupe Blush as contour, Tarte Exposed Blush and Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight as my highlight. I've been skipping powder lately due to the drier state of my skin, and the radiance and natural dewiness from both the foundation and lack of powder have been making me wonder why I didn't forgo powdering sooner. Love.

On my eyes, I have Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl on my lids, NYX Taupe Blush in the crease, and Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion smudged into the upper lash line.
This may be the start of a dangerous addiction. Don't be surprised if you start seeing posts entitled "The Pinky Beige to End All Pinky Beiges" and "The Orangey Red to End All Orangey Reds," etc. Givenchy Le Rouge - I'm coming for you.

Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuchsia Irrésistible is available from Sephora for $36.

0 comments:

Post a Comment