*No Glue Required* False Lash Tutorial

Hi everyone! In this post I'll be talking all about self-adhesive false lashes and how to apply and reuse them. When I first discovered "no glue required" falsies at my local CVS and Rite Aid, I thought what you're probably thinking right now: "Sounds too good to be true..."  After going through a few packs of these little guys I've come to the conclusion that they actually do work! Yep, that's right...they actually stick right on exactly where you put them and I've found they even stay in place better than glue in most cases.


The secret is in the special sticky adhesive strip (they come already attached when you purchase them and most brands provide an extra strip of glue for reuse...more about that in the video).  It's super comfy and flexible enough that you have as many tries as you need to apply them perfectly straight - and they still stay on all night.  Just give the edges a little extra squeeze and you're good to go.


_____________________________________________




A few things I forgot to mention in the video:


Try to avoid using tweezers or any other "tool" to wedge the lash strip into your natural lash line.  Although this is my usual method, I discovered metal and plastic stick to the glue strip and can pull the falsies right off. I just use my fingers and it works great.


There aren't a lot of varieties to choose from.  So if you're not all that crazy about the few that Revlon and Eylure offer, you may be out of luck.  However, the Revlon "Intensifying" set suits my tastes perfectly. They give just enough added length and volume without looking costume-y.




_____________________________________________


I may not be throwing away my Duo lash glue anytime soon but I will say it has been stashed in the back of my designated "false lash drawer" and hasn't seen the light of day in a while.


I think that about covers it. So sit back, relax and enjoy the tutorial! 

-Alli 


0 comments:

Post a Comment