Bright Lips > Dreary Winter

Although the weather here hasn't been that bad this past week, overall, it's much less sunny and cheerful than what I was used to in California. One of the simplest ways makeup can cheer me up (besides the most obvious way, which is buying more ;), is to wear a bright, statement lip.

Clockwise from bottom:
Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop
MAC Lady Danger
MAC Girl About Town
MAC Impassioned
MAC Rebel

L to R:
Lollipop
Girl About Town
Lady Danger
Impassioned
Rebel

My camera battery died right before I was able to snap a photo of a comparison between Revlon Lollipop and MAC Girl About Town in my Revlon Lip Butters post, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to  swatch them side by side. Lollipop is more blue-toned due to its purpley-blue shimmer, and it's also sheerer than Girl About Town (an amplified formula), although the colors are very similar.

Lady Danger is my newest MAC lipstick, and it's an in-your-face, almost neon, orange-red lipstick. It's a matte formula, which I prefer for red lipsticks. It is a bit drying, though, so I'd recommend exfoliating beforehand and following up with a moisturizing lip balm before applying it. Here's a camera phone photo I took a few weeks ago in less than ideal lighting. Even in the darker lighting, you can see how bright it is!

Impassioned is one of my favorite lipsticks ever, as it's the most gorgeous bright, watermelon pink. It's surprisingly flattering and always succeeds at lifting my mood when I wear it.

Rebel is a beautiful, purple-berry shade that is extremely fitting during the fall and winter months. I love wearing it on nights out, seen here in an extremely pixelated-due-to-cropping-then-enlarging photo :D (it looks more red than it is):


Do you turn to bright lipsticks for a quick mood boost during the winter months? What are some of your favorites?


0 comments:

Post a Comment