My Go-To Messy Waves | A Hair Tutorial

In the summertime I have a few go-to hairstyles. When the heat rises I either let my hair air dry, throw it in a topknot bun or put in a little more effort with some beachy, messy waves. The first two styles are pretty self-explanatory: heat-free and easy! But voluminous, laidback waves can be a great summertime choice since, well frankly, the sleek and straight look isn't an option for me with the intense humidity. This style is actually really easy to achieve and - BONUS - also looks great the next day!

My trick to getting perfect summertime waves is to curl the hair in opposite directions. Curling all of your sections the same way can cause your hair to blend together and look like one big wave. Alternate the direction and you'll end up with separated, "piecey" sections. Or, you could just watch the video tutorial to see exactly how I achieve this hairstyle, step by step ;) 


What I Used:
- Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Hot Tools 1" curling iron, I don't use the clamp so if you have a clamp-less wand that will work perfectly!
- Frederic Fekkai Sheer hold hairspray

*optional*
- Big Sexy Hair POW! Powder Play volumizing/texturizing powder
- volumizing teasing comb







0 comments:

Post a Comment