The Deal of the Century.

I was browsing the aisles of Ulta yesterday when I noticed this gem. I then continued to complete several, awkward (as only I would do) double-takes before confirming that yes, this was really happening.

Based on that price tag, without even knowing what the product being offered was, my instinct still would've been, "Yes, please!" I mean, a $120 value for only $29?! 

Tarte Lip Service Limited Edition LipSurgence Collection

Granted, I'm already drowning in a sea of lip products at home and weird, jumbo lip gloss/pencil thingys are the last thing I need, but this, my friends, was a gift from the makeup gods. It would've been rude not to take advantage of this gift, and I am anything but a disrespectful makeup worshipper.  *cue several other, equally embarrassingly useless excuses*

Tarte LipSurgences are these jumbo lip pencils that are somewhat of a lip balm/lip gloss/lip stick hybrid that come in 3 different formulas in the permanent range: natural lip luster (shimmery and glossy), natural lip tint (sheer and glossy), and matte lip tint (matte). This set comes with three natural lip lusters and two of the natural lip tints (so no mattes), all of which are limited edition shades as far as I'm aware.

The shades are (all shades are in the same order throughout the entire post):
Glitzy (luster)
Perky (tint)
Flashy (luster)
Swank (tint)
Dazzled (luster)



L to R:
Glitzy
Perky
Flashy
Swank
Dazzled

Glitzy: rosy brown with gold shimmer

Perky: warm-toned bubblegum pink

Flashy: hot pink with pale pink shimmer

Swank: cherry red

Dazzled: sheer, coral-red with gold shimmer

Keep in mind, I have fairly pigmented lips so sheerer lip products like these tend to not look as vibrant on my lips as they do in swatches. All five would definitely appear more vibrant and true to the colors in the swatch on less pigmented lips than mine, but if you're after a super pigmented and long-lasting formula, these may not be for you. In addition, the formula feels quite moisturizing and all of them have a non-overwhelming peppermint scent. They also twist up from the base like a lipstick, rather than having to be sharpened like a real pencil. 

While I have hesitated in the past to spend the $24 for one LipSurgence, $29 for five products that are perfect, everyday, on-the-go lip products is a fantastic deal in my book, not to mention amazing stocking stuffers ;)




What are you waiting for?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment