Falling into the rotation.

Sometimes I feel like once summer is gone, it's time to put away the bronzers (although I won't!), coral lipsticks, hot pink lipglosses, and bright colored eyeliners for something more season-appropriate. Right now, I'm starting to get more into wearing simple washes of warm, slightly smokey colors on my lids, deeper, berry blushes on my cheeks, and more vampy colors on my lips.

These are a few of the products that will start to be used more routinely now that fall is finally here :)

Clockwise from bottom right:
NARS Blush in Mounia
MAC MSF in Petticoat
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Illusoire (swatched here)
Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe (swatched here)
Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Cashmere (swatched here)
MAC Lipstick in Media
MAC Lipstick in Rebel
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Pug (swatched here)


L to R:
MAC Petticoat
NARS Mounia
NARS Dolce Vita
MAC Rebel
MAC Media

Although I used to use it daily when I first got it, I prefer to use Petticoat more at night time now, due to it's high shimmer factor. Mounia is gorgeous, as depicted by the swatch, but needs to be used with a very light and careful hand.

Dolce Vita is not a vampy or deep shade by any stretch of the imagination, but I threw it in here because I feel like it's the perfect variation on the classic nude lip for fall (and I suspect winter as well). It adds more warmth and color to my lips than the traditional nude (I'm wearing it here), which I like since my face (and lips) tend to lack some pigmentation when I'm cold. I already know Rebel will get used quite a bit, while I'm still trying to muster up some courage to wear Media out sometime :) Wish me luck!

What kind of shades/looks will you be wearing this fall?


0 comments:

Post a Comment