Blogger Interrogation 2.0: Beauty Down Under



The blogger: Hannah


Who/What blog(s)/ YouTube channel(s) inspired you to start blogging? 
I only recently started becoming obsessed with makeup and when I discovered makeup tutorials on youtube my interest skyrocketed. From youtube I started reading blogs and before I knew it I had one of my own :) The blog that really inspired me to start blogging was Makeup and Macaroons, it’s author Lilit is Australian like me, which is what drew me to push that follow button for the first time :)

What are your 3 favorite blogs of the moment? 
Keeping Up with Me has been a fave of mine for a while now and its author Tara is really sweet. She’s also an Aussie and has convinced me to finally order the Beauty Blender. 

Another fave is Rach from So Hi whose post on being a kind blogger convinced me to join the Kind Bloggers Network. If you have a blog be sure to join :)

Last but certainly not least is Stefy from Britese. This girl is stunning and always has great photos!

What colors do you tend to gravitate towards, in terms of makeup? 
I used to be all about very colourful makeup and could often be seen sporting bright purple eyeshadow from lid to brow bone but now as I have gotten older (and a lot wiser) I gravitate more towards neutral colours.

Name one (or a few) products you like to use, despite knowing it’s probably not the most flattering on you. 
I would say probably bronzer. I am so pale I’m pretty much translucent...so I probably should lay off the Nars Laguna a bit more than I do. But hey who doesn’t want to look like a bronzed goddess?? (I’ve got a bit of Adriana Lima envy!) 

Name one limited edition item you wish would become permanent. 
I have a confession to make here. I don’t think I actually own any limited edition products (yet). I don’t tend to get sucked into different collections, I think it’s because I am not a huge MAC girl. But if I had to choose something it would be anything limited edition by Nars because to me they can do no wrong. 

Name one makeup item that would make you burst into tears immediately if it was dropped on the floor and shattered into a million pieces. 
For sure my Dior Amber Diamond. Not only because it set me back a small fortune but also because it is just so damn beautiful. Tiffany’s ravings about it actually convinced me to buy it in the end. 

What is your favorite YouTube channel (beauty-related or not)? 
Would have to be Pixiwoo wouldn’t it? I mean look at this come on? Incredible! A lesser-known guru I love is Nikki who’s an aspiring makeup artist. Her eye looks are so pretty and tutorials are really easy to follow. 

Name one of your favorite beauty products under $10 (ideally drugstore). 
Finding a beauty product for under $10 in Australia is quite a feat! But I would have to say it’s my Australis cream blusher in Flirtatious Pink. $9.95 for a cream blush with a similar texture to Nars and a beautiful colour can’t get much better than that! I review it here.

Name one of your favorite beauty products over $10 (ideally non-drugstore). 
I am a huge sucker for packaging and even more so when I love the product it contains. So I would have to say Urban Decay eye-shadow palettes. I currently own 3; The Vegan Palette, The Ammo Palette and of course the Naked Palette. They are great value for the price and because of the added extras I am never short of primer potion :) The Naked Palette is my fave of the 3.

Please link us to your favorite post. 
Apart from my post about my fur baby Handsome Rob it would probably be my post about my Holy Grail beauty items because it got a really good response from my readers :)


Thank you to Hannah for letting us interrogate her! 

I'm not taking any new volunteers for Blogger Interrogation at the moment, but I will definitely let you all know when I am :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment