Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation.

The newest addition to my foundation arsenal is the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. Recently, I started working and I often need my foundation to not only look flawless (or at the very least, decentfor 10+ hours, but I was also interested in finding something that could free me from having to blot my t-zone every other hour or so....because let's be honest: ain't nobody got time for that.

So, I turned to Hourglass' option: an oil-free, "liquid powder" foundation that claims to be mattifying and long-lasting, all while also providing anti-aging benefits. After trying out a generous sample, I went against my makeup collection's wishes (which are along the lines of "stop putting more stuff in here; there's already not enough room!") and scooped up the real deal.

I have the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in the shade Shell, and it's described as "fair with neutral undertones." For reference, I'm around an NC20 and I think it matches me perfectly. 

Though it is a liquid product, I find it to be more in the realm of a liquid-cream hybrid, as it is thicker than most liquid foundations. However, it blends out into a powder finish, and due to the silicones that allow for the liquid to powder conversion, it is also ridiculously easy and effortless to spread across the skin and blend.

Despite having a powder finish, I don't find that it appears cakey or feels heavy on the skin at all. Hourglass describes Immaculate foundation as having a "soft, velvet finish," and I'd have to agree completely. Bear in mind, I have combination skin, and those with drier skin types may not necessarily experience the same results. I typically wear one thin, even layer and find that it is more or less undetectable, even up close. It has medium coverage that is quite easily buildable as well, although the more you build, the more you risk moving into potentially cakey territory - inevitable due to the powder finish.

The mattifying and oil-control properties of the Immaculate foundation typically cut down my need to blot from nearly every other hour to just once or twice in a work day, which is pretty significant in my book. I actually appreciate that although it is mattifying, it still allows my natural "glow" (aka oil) to peek through because it keeps my overall complexion from looking flat. It lasts about 8 hours on me before I start to notice signs of separation or break down slightly on my t-zone. I don't typically use a primer or setting powder with it as I find there is no need.


Wearing Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell:

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly be peeled away from the glowy, dewy skin look I love so much, Immaculate Foundation came in, stole my heart and has quickly become one of my favorites. It's perfect for long days and warmer weather, and I know it will be a staple in my daily routine this summer.

I purchased the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell from Sephora for $55.


0 comments:

Post a Comment