AERIN Garden Path.

I'm not typically a pale nude lips kinda girl, but for some reason, I was recently bitten by the nude lip bug just in time for me to realize I didn't own any that were quite to my liking.

After doing some research and consulting with Jessica, I finally settled on AERIN Lipstick in Garden Path, a beautiful, pale pink-toned nude from the line created by Aerin Lauder, the granddaughter of Estée Lauder.


The lipstick is surprisingly short and small, and the square gold, fingerprint-magnet packaging reminds me a bit of the YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks. 'AERIN' is embossed on the inside of the tube, which I thought was a nice touch. The lipstick has a light rose scent.


Garden Path is the palest nude lipstick I currently own, but I still think it works with my skin tone. Any paler and it would definitely verge on corpse lips. To be honest, this was exactly the shade I was looking for. I didn't want another my lips but better type of nude (although I love those too!); I wanted a true, pale nude that I could layer under other lipsticks and glosses but that was still wearable on its own, and I found exactly that.

The formula is smooth, creamy and moisturizing, and it glides on like butta. It has the perfect amount of slip without excessively settling into lip lines or wearing off after only 30 minutes like some other formulas that are creamy to a fault (cough cough YSL Rouge Voluptés).
Overall, LOVE. I don't know how long my newly ignited pale lip obsession will last, but I'm going to make sure to milk it for all it's worth.

AERIN Garden Path is available from Neiman Marcus for $30.


0 comments:

Post a Comment