Current Skin Care Routine for CLEAR Skin!

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm more than a little lazy when it comes to skin care. For the longest time I had the luxury of being able to switch from product to product and try whatever cleanser, scrub or moisturizer I felt like on a whim. I was so spoiled! I never had to worry about my skin breaking out and I based my selections mostly on the specific scent of the product. Grapefruit or Green Tea? Decisions, decisions.

Ah the good ol' days... 

Well, a lot has changed since I last updated you all on my skin care routine. As I explain in the video included in this post I now officially have acne-prone skin, something I never thought I would be dealing with all of sudden and at the age of 26. 

The good news is, I've found some really great products that have helped my complexion do a complete turn-around! Not only that, but my skin is now a lot brighter, smoother and more even in tone than before the whole break out fiasco began! By swapping out a few products in my routine, I've been able to keep pesky blemishes at bay and I can now go about my day without wringing out my tube of concealer ;) 

The main change has been the addition of a little acne treatment system called Proactive into my skin care regimen - you may have heard of it? ;) After going through the three steps twice a day, my break outs began to decrease significantly. Then about two weeks into using the products, I had the worst break out of them all. It seemed to be bringing all of the trapped blemishes to the surface all at once - needless to say it wasn't a pretty sight. But I'm happy to report that after about a week of that craziness, my acne all but completely stopped. My problem areas didn't even taper off gradually. It literally just stopped. Kinda weird but hey, you won't hear me complaining and for the most part I've been blemish free ever since. And relieved I AM because it was rough going there for a while! I'm not claiming that Proactive is a miracle product and the answer to everyone's prayers. In fact, there could have been a lot of other factors at play including the other products I'm using, etc. All I can do is give my experience and let's just say it has earned it's keep for a while ;)


Products Mentioned:
- Proactive Acne Treatment (Cleanser, Toner and Repairing Lotion) - online/mall kiosk
- L'oreal Collagen Moisture Filler SPF 15  
- Lumene Pure Radiance Day Cream SPF 15 
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes 
- Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover pads
- Burt's Bees Intense Hydration night cream w/ Clary Sage
- Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away (shine minimizing cleanser)





Let me know some of your favorite products or at-home treatments for clear skin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment